12 May 2011
Part 14 - Listen O' Fellow Travellers53. Adverse comments of a person hurt us for the reason that our ears have become used to hearing our praises and appreciations only. If we learn to take our criticism and praises in a detached manner, we shall not then have the feeling of pain on listening to our criticism. Analyze both situations within yourself and try to remain unaffected from the feelings of pleasure or pain. Try to develop ‘Samdrishti’ in all situations. Treading on the path of bhakti will certainly help you to maintain your cool.
54. We are always engaged in search of pleasure. Have we ever given a thought, how much the impact of pleasure would increase, if we off and on, keep on experiencing pain in life!
55. O’ the self in me! Feel not glorified on your achievements on your gains, on your acts which have brought honour to you and grieve not on all that which has made you feel miserable for both are transitory and shall perish and fade away in course of time. There is a ‘bakshish’ which your Sai has bestowed on you, realize it, live in it, make it a part of your life - It is the supreme gift of clinging to his holy feet, to be lost in him, to make him the be - all and end - all of your life and live in his glory. Remember! It is due to the noble deeds performed by you in your lives past that you have been able to knock at his door. Squander not this great opportunity in asking from him the transitory things of life, such as name, fame, money and pleasures of life. Know that, there is something much more glorified and abiding than these things of life which your Sai is capable of bestowing on you. Seek them and live in them for these will provide solace to your aatma, fill you with bliss and ultimately free you from the bondage of life and death and provide peace eternal to your soul. Tell me: Is the today lived in the grip of transitory pleasures more glorified or the tomorrow lived in Aatmanand?
Continued... Part 1 - Chapter 4 : On The Wings Of Thought
Other books of Author:
- Scribblings of a Shirdi Sai Devotee (In English - Available on this blog for reading)
- साईं कृपा की पावन स्मृतियाँ (Sai Kripa Ki Paawan Smritiyan) (In Hindi - Available on this blog for reading)
- साईं भक्ति के पथ पर (Sai Bhakti Ke Path Par) (In Hindi - Available on this blog for reading)
- साईं आत्मचिंतन (Sai Aatm-chintan) (In Hindi)
Shri Sai Samiti Noida (Regd.)
64 - D/2, F - Block, Sector - 40,
Noida (Uttar Pradesh) - 201 303
Phone: (0120) 4238672-76, 2575672, 2572810
Tele Fax: (0120) 4331915
The author of this book can be contacted for any communication on given address below:
Suresh Chandra Gupta
F - 5, Green Park Main,
New Delhi - 110 016
Mobile: +91 - 9871009043
Phone: (011) 26536864, 26865450
© Shirdi Sai Baba Life Teachings and Stories
Author:Hetal Patil Rawat (Sai Ki Deewani)
Hetal Patil Rawat is founder of Devotees Experiences of Shirdi Sai Baba blog. She also writes and maintains few other Shirdi Sai Baba blogs to spread information. Visit her official facebook page →