With this, we are proceeding to the fourth chapter of Kakasaheb Dixit Diary.
Chapter 4 – Kakasaheb Dixit Diary
- A devotee named Madhur Das came to Shirdi often. During one of such visits, he met Sagun Meru Naik who had a hotel in Shirdi where many pilgrims had their food. They both had good time chatting about matters of other people’s faults and affairs. Then Madhur Das went to Lord Sai Baba and sat near Him. Lord Baba asked him, “What was this Sagun saying?” Now Madhur immediately recollected what fault of his was caught by Lord Baba. He remembered that Lord Baba did not like when people blame others and talk about them for no reason. In this way, Lord Baba again reminded Madhur and us not to indulge ourselves in other’s matters because what is for us, is with us and what is for others, is with them.
- Shantabaai’s left hand’s fingers were full of worms and it caused her unbearable pain. To cure her from this ailment, Lord Sai Baba once appeared in her dream and asked her to apply Dikamali – a type of herb (Cambi gum) on the paining hand and fingers. She was very happy to get this advice from Lord Baba in dream and she instantly followed it. To the surprise of all, the swelling and pain disappeared within seconds of applying the herb. This was noted in a letter which was sent to Shirdi on September 1, 1918.
- Narayan Gopinath Dige of Bombay had pain in his intestine. It was getting intense day by day. He consulted many doctors in Bombay and tried many medicines to no effect. A friend of his was a devotee of Lord Sai Baba and thus he advised Narayan to go to Shirdi, place his problem before the Lord there, and He is sure to take care of. But since his condition was rather serious, he showed his inability to travel to Shirdi. However he was confident that Lord Baba’s grace would certainly cure him. He vowed once he gets alright, he would certainly go to Shirdi to pay his homage.
His friend thus gave him Udi and advised him to apply it on his forehead daily. Narayan did exactly as directed and next day itself, he was relieved from pain. After one week he got completely fine and he started for Shirdi and had Lord Baba’s darshan.
- In another occasion, a person named Joshi’s daughter was suffering from serious health issues from many years. One day her condition became so critical that she was at death’s door. Her mother gave her Udi and Lord Baba’s arti. Immediately her condition started to improve, but she had not recovered completely. After some time, Joshi alongwith his wife and daughter came to Shirdi. The girl had turned very weak due to long illness and she barely could walk. So her parents carried her to Dwarkamai before Lord Baba. He applied Udi on her face. After three days, she was completely cured. Now she could walk without anybody’s support. Such is the divine power of Udi.
- This incident happened in 1913. Shri. G.K.Vaidya of Dahanu once came to Shirdi for Lord Baba’s darshan. He spent nice time with Lord Baba. After returning he advised his elder brother Atmaram to visit Shirdi. Atmaram as per his brother’s advice came to Shirdi. His age was 42 years at that time. His wife had left his home and was staying at her mother’s place as some misunderstandings and problems cropped up between them. They hardly lived together and their marriage seemed to be hollow. Many of their family members tried to re-unite them, but the lady was not ready to return to her husband. While Atmaram was in Shirdi, the lady went to his place and said to her brother-in-law (G.K.Vaidya) that, that was her real home and it was improper for her to be at her parent’s place from so long. Vaidya was surprised at this sudden change. He was sure that what all has happened is due to the grace of Lord Baba only. Then after, Atmaram and his wife lead a happy life with their kids and there was no place for any problem or misunderstanding between them.
Upcoming Post: Chapter 5