Om Shri Ganeshaya Namah, Om Shri Sainathaya Namah, Om Sai Shri Sai Jai Jai Sai, Jai Gurudev Swami Samarth Sai Maharaj
In Shri Sai Satcharitra, Sai Baba has taught us importance of charity of food and serving all creatures (animals, birds, plants, humans) with love and respect.
Sai Baba himself many times prepared food in handi for hundreds of people and served them with pure love.
Importance Of Annadaan (Charity Of Food) To All Living Beings And Sharing Food With Others
Dana (Charity) is recommended for Kali (present) age. Of all the kinds of charities, giving food is the best one. We are much perturbed, when we get no food at noon. Other beings feel similarly under similar circumstances. Knowing this, he, who gives food to the poor and hungry, is the best donor or charitable person. Let anybody come to our door at noon, he should be served forthwith; and if lame, crippled, blind and diseased paupers come, they should be fed first and the able-bodied persons and our relations afterwards.” (Chapter. 38)
Charity of food is open for all creatures – humans, plants, birds, animals because all are one with Shri Sai Baba.
Sai Baba has taught all of us, “The appeasement of the dog’s hunger is the same as Mine. The dog has got a soul; the creatures may be different, but the hunger of all is the same, though some speak and others are dumb. Know for certain, that he who feeds the hungry, really serves Me with food. Regard this as an axiomatic Truth”. (Chapter 42)
Sai Baba has unconditional love for plants as well. Sai Baba used to go to Rahata (3 miles from Shirdi) and brought back with Him small plants of Merry Gold, Jai and Jui, and planted and watered them. He used to water plants regularly. This course went on for 3 years and with Sai Baba’s effort, there grew a flower-garden. (Chapter 5)
Baba Himself never ate anything without sharing it with others. Everyday He used to go out begging and whatever food was collected. He used to place it in the earthen bowl in the Masjid. Some beggars used to pinch 3-4 breads and dogs and birds used to eat out of it; but Baba never drove them away. Whenever any devotee offered Him fruits and richly cooked food, He hardly tasted it and distributed amongst the devotees present. (Chapter 24)
Motivation behind Annadaan Seva
2018 is very special because it’s the centenary year of Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi. Sai Baba has played divine Leelas in inspiring many devotees to start efforts Mahaprayan, Naam jaap, Hanuman Chalisa etc which encourage us for chanting the name of God. Sai Baba is now playing another leela by encouraging all devotees to also focus on importance of Charity of food.
With Baba’s blessings and efforts of Hetal Ji, Pooja Ji and team of SaiYugNetwork.com, many devotees are now actively connected. There are 20,000 active participants in Mahaprayan and many active followers of Devotees experiences blog all over the world. With Baba’s permission a humble idea has come for Annadaan seva.
Imagine If each of us serve food to 1 living being in a year, together we can serve more than 10,000 in a year. If each of us serve 10 living being in a year, we can serve more than 1 lakh living beings. If each of us can serve 100 in a year, we can serve more than a Million.
Being together, we all can have such positive impact and this is another way of giving our tribute to our spiritual master Sai Baba.
Various Ways Of Doing Annadaan Seva
- There are various ways one can contribute in this seva. Based on individual choice, capacity and capabilities one can take any way of seva.
- Give water and food to birds: Especially in summer if one can keep earthen pot with water for birds and also keep some grains, it’s one of easy way to do charity of food daily.
- Give water to plants and trees: If there are plants at home or nearby surroundings which need care, one can water them daily by making a routine. Similarly one can also participate in Tree plantation drives or organize one to keep surroundings green.
- Volunteer to prepare and serve food: If one have some free time and if health permits, one can consider volunteering in preparing food e.g. in shelter homes (orphanage, elderly home etc), religious places (temples, gurudwaras, mosques etc). Even just going and serving food can be very helpful. Consider going to any old age home or orphanage and just spend time with inmates there and serve them food with love. This will bring smiles on their faces.
- Donate food to human beings: One can consider donating food to various places (shelter homes, food banks, religious places) etc. It’s one of the best way to celebrate occasions like birthdays, anniversaries etc. One can donate money to sponsor food and also can serve the food with family which will give great satisfaction.
- Donate food to animals and volunteer at animal shelters: One can also consider volunteering and donating food in animal shelters, cow shelters.
Clearly there are many options to serve all living beings and even with limited time, money one can easily serve if make an effort.
How One Can Participate
Imagine, we all devotees of Sai Baba are working together to prepare food in Handi which can serve lakhs of living beings without any discrimination. Lets all come forward to contribute, volunteer and donate food.
Overall Process and FAQs
1. Who can become volunteer?
Anyone interested in charity of food
2. Number of volunteers targeting?
As many we can get (at least 5000 signups)
3. What is task per week for volunteer?
Do charity of food for at least 2 living beings (give water to 2 plants, feed grains to 2 birds, feed human beings) or do at least 2 Annadaan seva in week (irrespective of how many living beings served).
This will lead to => Total 10,000 acts of Kindness and charity of food collectively every week.
4. What is weekly goal?
As Sai family, all devotees collectively aim to serve minimum 10,000 annadaan seva every week. Depend on capability and interest and time availability, one can contribute as many annadaan seva in a week.
5. What’s the process to signup for volunteering?
Signup using form: http://bit.ly/saibaba_annadanam_seva_signup
All people who signup based on their form details, they will be added to either an email group or WhatsApp group. Also each will be assigned a roll number just for convenience in reporting.
Due to limits on maximum number of users in WhatsApp group (256 max), there will be multiple groups (say 20 groups for first 5000) (allocate users to first come first serve basis or based on Country). This will be taken care by core team.
7. How one can share story/experiences related to this seva?
Email details and photos to [email protected]m
8. Communication from Team on weekly status/biweekly status
Core team can get details on weekly Annadaan seva performed collectively and share the details On SaiYugNetwork.com blogs and their official Facebook page
|COUNTRY||WHATSAPP GROUP LINK
(Link Opens Only In Mobile Version of the Blog)
|Fiji & New Zealand||https://chat.whatsapp.com/3ojCW5U8vOK7RmXdyHra67|
|Middle East & UAE||https://chat.whatsapp.com/CVxFo4T0M0m5sMzKRS5QDL|